Current vacancies at Paddock Community Trust
Step by Step Advisor
Paddock Community Trust is an awarding-winning organisation, delivering an extensive range of community services, specialising in adult learning, employment support programmes, specialist mentoring, mental health and wellbeing, advice and guidance services and particular experience in delivering projects that successfully promote digital inclusion.
As a Step by Step Advisor, you play a crucial role in strengthening the efforts of our Outreach team. Our community advice service is delivered through weekly, two-hour drop-in sessions at 12 community venues, strategically located in areas of high deprivation.
Your primary responsibility? Working in the community, encouraging community cohesion, offering Information and Advice on a wide range of needs using a holistic approach. This can be anything from poverty prevention, job search and applications to providing a safe, friendly environment where someone can just come in, meet others and have a coffee and chat. You’ll also be assisting with CV updates, access to benefits, Universal Credit support, and guidance for those returning to work, including Better off in Work calculations. And, of course, signposting and referring to additional support.
But it doesn’t stop there! Your role as a Step by Step Advisor is part of our broader mission. Together, we’re empowering individuals with the tools and resources they need to not only secure employment but to access better housing, achieve financial stability, enhance their health and well-being, and ultimately reduce dependency on benefits.
The ideal candidates will have the experience and ability to motivate and empower individuals to gain the necessary skills and confidence to enable them to reskill, upskill and secure and sustain employment.
Location: Various outreach venues across Kirklees.
Hours: Full Time 37 hrs pw
Salary: £22,129 – £25,419 depending on experience
Contract: Fixed term to March 2025
Extensions are subject to gaining additional funding
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 5% combined pension contribution
- Workplace ISA Available
- Charity Online Retail discounts.
- Employee Health Care offering various support services
- Two-week Induction and training
What Do I Need?
- Experience in working with people and engaging with them to reach a desired outcome
- The ability to identify an individual’s barriers and to signpost to relevant local support agencies
- The ability to engage, build rapport, challenge, empower and inspire individuals and enthuse disengaged participants
- Effective advocacy skills and use of innovative practices to engage people into relevant services
- The ability to work alone unsupervised and complete all tasks agreed upon within deadlines whilst maintaining high-quality standards
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to use online computer systems, inputting real-time data and completing reports and case studies to evidence work completed
Level 2 Literacy, Numeracy, and IT or able to demonstrate strong levels through work history
- Flexible approach to all tasks and duties with a team ethos and a willingness to undertake training and development activity
- Full clean driving licence, use of own vehicle with adequate insurance for travel across the whole of Kirklees during working hours
Applicants should be aware that duties will involve lone working supported by relevant policies and procedures.
Please note any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and the completion of a DBS check. The cost of this will be met by Paddock Community Trust.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in learning more about Paddock Community Trust, please feel free to visit our website at paddocktrust.co.uk
To apply for this position, please submit your cv and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications, and addressing all criteria on the employee specification to email@example.com. The Employee specification can be obtained by visiting our website paddocktrust.org.uk or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced DBS check will be required.